aURORA hunt at russian border
- 4,5h Hunt for Auroras at the Russian Border area
- Transportation by car or a minivan, seats max 8 persons
- An experienced english speaking guide
- Best spots at the border to spot the Northern lights
- Warm drinks and snacks
- Price 155€ / adult
- 120€ / for children under 14 years old
- Available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Other days by request.
- Departure from Arctic Timetravels office: Saariseläntie 14 at 20:30
WHat is the Aurora hunting about?
The Northern Lights, or Aurora Borealis, is an amazing show put on by Mother Nature and only visible on the edges of the world. To catch the Auroras we need 3 things;
- Aurora KP (activity level) of above 1
- Darkness (no light pollution)
- Open skies (no heavy cloud coverage or snowing)
The Russian border area is far from the city lights and often have clear skies, so it makes it a great place to spot the Auroras. There is also beautiful scenery with a lake and a picturesque bridge for those who are into photography.
What does it include?
Our Aurora Hunt is organized for small groups to assure the quality of the service for our guests. We use our comfortable minibuses that seat 6-8 people to hunt the Auroras. The tour Includes a visit to Russian border, english speaking guide, warm drinks and snacks. All our guides are professional "Aurora Hunters" and can answer all your questions about Auroras, Finland and the culture. We cannot guarantee that you will see the Northern lights, but what we can guarantee is that we will do everything in our power to find them for you.
Who is it for?
Anyone and everyone who would like to enjoy the beauty of the Northern lights dancing on the night sky and to visit the Russian Border. This activity has no age or health restrictions. You can join the activity alone or with your group. For families with small children we can warmly recommend our Aurora Hunt 3h or Aurora Hunt Premium. Just email us for more information.
HOW TO BE PREPARED?
- Make sure you bring your camera! Extra battery and a tripod can also be usefull.
- Warm and comfortable clothing is recommended for the ride
- Warm winter jacket, beanie, gloves and winter boots are recommended to enjoy the Northern lights outdoors.
Booking and price
Aurora hunt at the Russian Border is available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Other days by request. Activity time is from 20.30 - 01.00.
- 155€ per adult
- 120€ for a child under 14
Booking should be made at least 24h before the departure to allow us to make the necessary arrangements. You are always welcomed to visit our office at Saariseläntie 14 (Gielas, Santa´s Hotel Tunturi) to find out the availability of your desired activity for the same or next day.